The Philosophy of the Center
The Pari Center for New Learning is committed to excellence and creativity. It also respects a "sense of place", for the key to the Center is the medieval village of Pari, a location from which to contemplate society and its future.
The Philosophy and Aims of the Center are as follows:
- To promote the integration of knowledge, arts, science, ethical values, community and spirituality within the ambiance of a medieval village.
- To foster the social, economic and cultural development of Pari, the preservation of its traditions and values, and to offer possibilities and encouragement for the future to its youth.
- To provide opportunities for continued learning for adults by organizing courses, workshops and conferences of the highest standards facilitated by a faculty committed to excellence and creativity.
- To promulgate the approach of Gentle Action.
- To provide a creative environment for artists, writers, dancers, musicians, environmentalists, scientists, philosophers, psychologists and other thinkers to work together to explore new ideas and/or to work independently on their own projects within the supportive environment of the Pari community.
- To foster continuing research into art, science, psychology, education, ethics and society.
- To foster the investigation and development of ideas currently being explored by F. David Peat.